There is no second thought to the fact that NETGEAR Extender Setup is a boon for all those users who want to boost the network range to a great extent. Also known as wireless repeaters, WiFi Extenders are networking devices that receive the existing signals and then amplify it to reach in far corners of house or workplace.
Mywifiext.net is a web address which is intended for completing the extender setup process with ease. At times, it shows error screens thus users are unable to access mywifiext. This is because mywifiext.net is just a local web address, it is not a regular website on internet. Therefore, users cannot connect to mywifiext.net setup page. To get rid of this issue, connect extender to the available network using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. If the error messages continue to appear, take help from our expert technicians on toll-free number 1-844-689-9966.
Steps for NETGEAR Extender Setup
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extenders can be set up in two ways: manual method and WPS method.
1. Manual Method
If your extender has an Ethernet port, walk through the steps given below to set up NETGEAR Extender manually:
- Connect to NETGEAR Wireless Extender to a computer.
- Log in to mywifiext.net webpage. This is the default NETGEAR Extender Login page.
- The login page asks for username and password.
- If you don’t have an account, create one using email and password as word ‘password’.
- Once NETGEAR Extender Login page opens, select router network.
- Enter any password you like and click on Continue button.
- Apply settings.
That’s it. If NETGEAR Extender Setup has been successfully done, then extender shows four green lights. Got an issue during the setup process? Give us a call on 1-844-689-9966 (toll-free number).
But what if your NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender doesn’t have an Ethernet Port? Need not to worry, just follow the instructions below:
- Reset NETGEAR extender to default values.
- Go to NETGEAR Extender Login page by using mywifiext.net web address.
- Type username and password into the given fields.
- Follow the setup wizard to connect to router.
In this way, NETGEAR Extender with an Ethernet port can be set up.
2. WPS Method
Using WPS method for NETGEAR Extender Setup is very simple. Only a few steps and you are done.
- Power on the extender.
- Press WPS button on extender.
- Blinking WPS light shows extender has started to configure with router.
- After some time, there will be 3 solid green lights which signify that extender is properly configured with router.
- In case of dual-band extender, repeat the step 2.
As soon as NETGEAR Extender Setup is completed, the extended network for both frequency bands should broadcast. Simply connect all wired or wireless devices to extended network and start using internet benefits.
For any type of Support for NETGEAR Extenders whether it is related to setup or configuration, feel free to take help from our technical specialists at 1-844-689-9966.