Netgear Arlo wireless cameras are quite nifty pieces of modern technology. They’re completely wireless. They don’t even consist of a power cable.
Well, such tiny security cameras run on an lithium-ion batteries, four (4) to a cam which means that you can place them anywhere. It may interest you to know that you’ll get six months of battery life from each Arlo camera.
So, you don’t have to worry about to shell out for replacement of batteries straight away — and you can also put them in hard-to-reach spots for just peace of mind.
These easy to execute instructions are applied to set up Arlo wireless cameras with both Arlo base station setup and Arlo Pro base station setup.
Moreover, in case you sync Arlo wireless camera with an Arlo Pro base station, then the Arlo wireless cameras can easily access the features and advantages of Arlo Pro base station: the USB local backup storage and the siren option.
To sync and set up an Arlo Wireless camera:
- First of all, by sliding and holding the latch unlock the battery compartment.
- Slide the door of the battery (back side) and lift it gently to open the compartment.
- Carefully insert the batteries. Close the battery door. If possible, make use of new batteries. If not, make sure that they aren’t damaged.
- Bring the Arlo camera 30 to 100 centimeters ( within one to three feet) of your Arlo base station and after that, sync the camera to the base station.
If you are making use of an Arlo base station, then hit the ‘Sync’ button on the back or on the left of the base station for a couple of seconds and then release the button slowly and carefully.
Also, note down that if you push the Arlo wireless ‘Sync’ button on the Arlo base station for too long, then the LED light located under the ‘USB’ symbol will blink amber for 10-15 minutes. The sync process will be blocked when the USB LED light is blinking. To fix this issue as soon as possible, visit www.arlo.com support.
On the other hand, if you are making use of an Arlo Pro base station, then you are supposed to push the ‘Sync’ button on the top panel of the base station for about a few minutes and after that, release the button.
- Wait for sometime for the ‘sync’ status LED light to blink solid green.
- Now, push the ‘Sync’ button on top of the camera for about a couple of seconds. Once done, release the button.
Note: The Netgear Arlo Camera is supposed to be synced one at a time only.
- After that, a blue solid LED light on your Netgear Arlo camera blinks rapidly to confirm the sync process.
- If the LED light on the Arlo camera blinks in amber (orange) color, then it means that the sync process is not successfully completed. You are supposed to repeat the whole sync process again.
- Check the camera LED light as well on your Arlo base station.
- In case the camera LED lights on your Arlo base station illuminates solid green, then the sync process is completed successfully and you are ready to access arlo.com sign in page for Arlo camera login.
Note: You are supposed to repeat these steps for Arlo pro login.
Remember, if you do not complete the process of synchronization within a couple of minutes, then you will be forced to push the ‘Sync’ button on the base station, go to arlo.com login and try again after a few minutes.